Sunday 5 June 2016

UNTITLED



My life is not exactly where I want it to be. I have dreams and aspirations which I am striving to reach. Although I am not there yet, I am a firm believer that nothing is ever left to chance! I'm a firm believer! I believe nothing, even the tiniest minuscule outcome, happens by chance. I adopted an attitude which has recently kept me going. "Do your best - go all out and leave the results to fate... Oh! And Don't forget to be true to yourself. Whatever the outcome, its probably for the bigger goal the universe (God) has."

Other than your best, what more can you offer? I have found myself working hard towards my goals but having unfavourable results at times despite doing my best. "So, my best is not enough?" I would ask myself this question and it would break me in my alone time when the city lights fade, the traffic noise ceases down and the owls and bats fly above our roofs. When the stars get to shine in that moment. When everyone is deeply crafted in the warm nest of blankets at night, my mind would wander around and wonder what are the answers to these questions.

I figured I do not need answers or a formula to answer these questions! Life is not an equation that needs to be solved. It is meant be lived like a story told in a book. One word and one page at a time. Even the meanest rifle spits one round (bullet) at a time. One of the photojournalists I know, Lucas Ledwaba, says a great story is not written but told. Not to digress but to put more meat to this point, we ought to live life like we page after page a book heavy with appalling stories. The black ink engraved on those pages are not just text but the mind of the writer. Like a writer who flows with words, I will swim throughout this journey of life. Not literally swim though. You get the drill right? Mentioning "swimming" reminds me of two incidents where I came close to drowning. Ntokozo, a friend, became a hero as he came to my rescue. It was between 2009 and 2010 at Morula Sun. The incident is quite a laughing matter. The story is quite long and it can just be a topic for another day. Anyway I didn't plan writing and posting this but yeah, look at it as a snippet from my unwritten and unpublished memoir or one that could be written.
Let me conclude this piece and sleep. This piece is an hour of sleep I lost. Do you count your hours of sleep before you fall asleep? Lol
Never mind, as I was concluding: yep, this is my story, there is no formula or equation to live by, I will just take it word by word and page by page. Life is not spelled or written, it can only be lived. It is quite fascinating and interesting at the other side of our fears.
Can I asked for one thing? I didn't title this piece, can you come up with a title? 

Don't worry about the caption for this rushed photo. It was just me testing a photo editing program. Its quite cool. Anyway, I'm out!

Night writer!
L Mashego

No comments:

Post a Comment

advert